The Krieger School of Arts & Sciences at Johns Hopkins University invites applications for the Assistant Dean of Summer & Intersession. We are seeking a dynamic leader to oversee summer and intersession programs for the Johns Hopkins Homewood campus. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing summer pre-college programs. Summer and intersession programs enroll over 5000 students.
- Provide leadership to undergraduate summer session, January intersession, and summer precollege programs.
- Collaborate with school leadership and other administrators to ensure the school’s mission and educational philosophy inform decisions regarding undergraduate and intersession programs.
- Leverage the intellectual capital of the Krieger School of Arts & Science and the Whiting School of Engineering.
- Design and ensure the implementation of programs and activities that are appropriate for the precollege target audience.
- Anticipate trends within the precollege market.
- Promote the safety of minors enrolled in precollege programs and ensure that programs comply with standards of best practice as defined by the American Camp Association.
- Resolve conflicts with parents of precollege students.
Marketing, Recruiting and Communications:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for summer programs.
- Effectively and aggressively market summer precollege programs.
- Design and implement effective marketing strategies to ensure enrollment, scale for growth, be financially profitable, and utilize the campus facilities well.
- Ensure that summer programs have a strong presence on the web and social media.
Budget & Finance:
- Oversee the financial management and budget operations of summer programs.
- Assure consistency and integrity of the financial operations of each program.
- Participate in, and plan for the growth of enrollment and facilities.
- Design and lead recruitment strategies that maximize enrollment in all programs.
- Lead a talented team of 4 full time staff and 6 seasonal staff.
- Work with departments in the Kreiger School to offer a robust slate of summer undergraduate courses.
- Recruit qualified instructors to teach high quality precollege courses that leverage the strengths of the School and the Johns Hopkins’ brand.
- Oversee the necessary ongoing supervision and evaluation of instructors and staff.
- Work collaboratively with university offices to maximize housing capacity.
- Work collaboratively with the Homewood Registrar and department managers to maximize classroom/lab capacity.
- Prepare contracts and make arrangements with external vendors to provide a high quality residential experience for precollege students.
- Act as primary point of contact for summer programs in the Kreiger School of Arts & Science and the Whiting School of Engineering.
The Assistant Dean reports to the Associate Dean of Advanced Academic Programs.
Master's Degree required, Terminal degree preferred, plus 5-7 years of experience.
The position requires a proven track record of leading summer programs, mature judgment, and creative problem-solving. The successful candidate will inspire university stakeholders around a vision and strategic plan to grow summer programs. This will require forging effective relationships with academic departments and student affairs departments.
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae detailing administrative and leadership experience online only at https://apply.interfolio.com/48673