Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Community Message Board
Blog Home All Blogs
Search all posts for:   


View all (90) posts »

Which office handles registration process (courses for credit)?

Posted By Jennifer Curran, Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Greetings - I have a much simpler question this time:

Which office manages your Summer Session course registration/enrollment process (courses for undergraduate credit): Is it the Registrar's office? Continuing Studies? The Summer Session office? Or a different set-up entirely?

As you know from my recent question, at Wesleyan the Continuing Studies office runs Summer Session, and we manage the registration process.

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,

Jennifer Curran

This post has not been tagged.

Share |
Permalink | Comments (4)

Comments on this post...

Alicia Spurlock says...
Posted Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Summer/Winter Sessions at WKU reports to the Division of Extended Learning & Outreach (which also houses distance learning & continuing ed). Our Associate Vice President reports directly to the Provost/VP Academic Affairs. The JSR has previous years data on how the membership reporting their administrative structure. :)
Permalink to this Comment }

Jo Maseberg-Tomlinson says...
Posted Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Summer enrollment for Undergraduate Credit at Kansas State University is through PeopleSoft, which is housed/managed by the Registrar's Office. Many years ago, our continuing education unit (where Summer is housed) did have a separate registration system and process but when PeopleSoft replaced our in house student information system all enrollments managed by continuing education became centralized/mainstreamed. This does make data getting more interesting because we need it from the Registrar's office and can't really pull the numbers in house.
Permalink to this Comment }

Jennifer Curran says...
Posted Friday, October 13, 2017
Thank you so much, this is really helpful! And thanks for the reminder about the SJR :)

Permalink to this Comment }

Janet M. Lange says...
Posted Monday, October 30, 2017
I am a little late with this. Students registrater for credit courses in the summer terms when they register for the upcoming fall semester, and they are about to be registering for the winter terms as they register for spring 2018. So, they use the same system. An Office of Summer and Interim Sessions handles publicity and promotion for these extra terms and we manage the contractual process for faculty who teach in them. This office is currently housed in Continuing Education, but it will be migrating back to the Office of the Provost in the next couple years, with the academic colleges receiving more responsibility for managing the finances.
Permalink to this Comment }


 North American Association of Summer Sessions
 342 North Main Street | West Hartford, CT 06117-2507 USA