January-mester or Winter Term
In 2010 we will have our first compressed Janmester term that will run from Dec. 28, 2009 to Jan. 10, 2010 (between Fall and Spring terms). I have a few questions for those of you who have already ventured into this area.
1. For student credit hours, is your Janmester or Winter Term attached to either the fall or spring term or is it a standalone term?
2. How do you handle financial aid/scholarships for the term?
3. What tuition rate do you charge, especially if financial aid/scholarships mostly won't apply?
4. What courses do you find most appealing to students?
5. What rate do you pay faculty teaching the courses?
I would also appreciate any other information/advice you might have.
Susan Coomer Galbreath, Ph.D., CPA
Associate Provost and
Special Assistant to the President
1 University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204